Principal is the company that Georgia Health Insurance uses for our employee benefits and certain individual lines of coverage as well. We have group dental, vision, life, short-term disability and long-term disability through Principal. So, when we tell you that Principal is a great company and that you should consider them for employee benefits, know that we are putting our money where our mouth is for our own company.
They are an AM Best, A+ rated insurance company and their focus is individual and group life, dental, vision, STD and LTD as well as individual and corporate investments. They have $675 billion in assets under management and they opened July 1, 1879. They have been around a long time and they will be a major insurance carrier for many years to come. Stability is one of the most important traits of an insurance company!
We are going to highlight some of the products Principal offers and explain why you should consider them for your individual or group insurance!
Principal offers a great employee benefit package. It is flexible and can be tailored to meet your companies needs. Some of the highlights include:
- No waiting period on major dental services. Most companies make you have dental insurance for a year before they will cover major procedures (crowns, bridges etc…)
- 25% of your dental insurance unused annual maximum will carry over to the next year, up to double your original annual maximum.
- Principal uses the VSP vision network, one of the premier vision networks in the nation.
- Disability insurance payout amount can take into account additional employee income such as commission and bonuses.
- Both guaranteed issue and underwritten life insurance.
Advanced Business Insurance
They are also experts at insurance for advanced business planning! Here are a few more advanced ways for companies to use insurance:
- Buy-Sell agreements funded by life insurance and disability insurance.
- Key-Man Life and Disability Insurance plans.
- Executive bonus and incentive programs via life insurance and disability insurance. They can even layer disability over plans that you currently have to help “make up the difference” for high paid employees.
Principal will also help you with a free business evaluation if you are looking to set up some sort of advanced business insurance.
Principal is a market leader in both individual life and disability insurance. In fact, my individual disability policy is through them and my wife’s life insurance is with them. They have great pricing, they are one of the most stable companies in the market and they have great benefits attached to the plans.
- We choose Principal for my wife’s life insurance because the price was great, it has great conversion terms and they are a rock-solid company.
- We choose Principal for my disability policy because they had the best price and it comes with all sorts of bells and whistles like the ability for my disability policy to increase with my income.
Retirement planning and Investing
As I noted earlier, they have a lot of money under management. They do both individual and group retirement accounts. While we do not do any sort of retirement accounts or investing here at Georgia Health Insurance, many of the companies that we refer clients to use Principal for retirement planning.
What about the service after you buy a policy? Do they forget about you once they have your money? Well if you work with us you do not have to worry about that. We are the advocates for our clients, and we will never forget about you! Having said that, Principal is a great partner. They are very responsive and easy to work with.
Choosing Georgia Health Insurance
When you work with us, you can rest assured that we will only show you top-rated, legitimate insurance companies. We help you compare all the options so that you can get the best insurance for the best price.
Contact us below!